Get Moving with Jody Sargison
It’s a great encouragement to just start with something manageable and achievable. Jenny Baxter talks about how you can get moving with Jody Sargison.
In this episode, Jody touches on a tip so obvious for personal health, and yet frequently missed – just get that ol’ body of yours moving!
Whether you are in a season immediately after the birth of your bub, or if your children have left home, moving at a pace suitable for your fitness is level is so important, for body, mind AND spirit.
During the interview with Jody I wondered, “How do you get moving after the birth of a baby? Especially if you have had a complicated delivery, like mine.”
Jody says, “This is one is the questions I get asked the most!” And she’s got some great advice for you on this podcast today. Here are her main tips:
- First of all: don’t be afraid
- Do everyday activities. It can be as simple as going for a walk.
- Get up and get moving, even if it’s for just 10 minutes.
- Stand instead of sit – if you stand all day, it’s equivalent to a 90-minute walk!
So there you go. It doesn’t have to be complicated. But can make all the difference.
What will you do today to get moving?
Here are some ideas:
- Go for a walk, even if it’s just for 10 minutes. Or, if your mailbox is at the end of a long-ish driveway, don’t drive it, walk it!
- Stand up this afternoon, when you would normally sit.
- Park your car at the opposite end of the car-park to the shop you want to visit.
- Get off the bus or tram one stop early.
- If you are able, take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Put the music on loud next time you are waiting for the kettle to boil, and dance! Get the kids in on this too 🙂
- Do you have any ideas of simple ways to move today? Let us know in the Comments!