Get Moving with Jody Sargison
It’s a great encouragement to just start with something manageable and achievable. Jenny Baxter talks about how you can get moving with Jody Sargison.
In this episode, Jody touches on a tip so obvious for personal health, and yet frequently missed – just get that ol’ body of yours moving!
Whether you are in a season immediately after the birth of your bub, or if your children have left home, moving at a pace suitable for your fitness is level is so important, for body, mind AND spirit.
Your Show Notes
During the interview with Jody I wondered, “How do you get moving after the birth of a baby? Especially if you have had a complicated delivery, like mine.”
Jody says, “This is one is the questions I get asked the most!” And she’s got some great advice for you on this podcast today. Here are her main tips:
- First of all: don’t be afraid
- Do everyday activities. It can be as simple as going for a walk.
- Get up and get moving, even if it’s for just 10 minutes.
- Stand instead of sit – if you stand all day, it’s equivalent to a 90-minute walk!
So there you go. It doesn’t have to be complicated. But can make all the difference.
What will you do today to get moving?
Here are some ideas:
1. Go for a walk, even if it’s just for 10 minutes. Or, if your mailbox is at the end of a long-ish driveway, don’t drive it, walk it!
2. Stand up this afternoon, when you would normally sit.
3. Park your car at the opposite end of the car-park to the shop you want to visit.
4. Get off the bus or tram one stop early.
5. If you are able, take the stairs instead of the lift.
6. Put the music on loud next time you are waiting for the kettle to boil, and dance! Get the kids in on this too 🙂
7. Do you have any ideas of simple ways to move today? Let us know in the Comments!