Hydration for Dummies
Today’s podcast, Hydration for Dummies, features dietician Fiona Rowell.
Fiona explains the amazing benefits of drinking water. There are lots of simple ideas here. So have a listen and drink more water today.
You can increase your water intake, and gain lots of benefits!
Fiona is a regular guest on the Treasuring Mothers podcast. Read more about Fiona >>>
Show Notes: Drink More Water!
- Every day Fiona makes sure she works hard to drink enough water.
- Sports people need to drink a lot, so muscles don’t seize up and get fatigued.
- If you don’t drink enough water, you risk getting kidney stones, urinary tract infections, and mitral valve prolapse.
- How much fluid do we need? The turn over of our water is about 4% of our body weight. So for a 70kg person that’s 3-4 litres of fluid.
- Fluids high in caffeine will dehydrate our bodies – so try and to drink a glass of water when you have a coffee.
- When you drink alcohol keeping drinking water, as alcohol dehydrates you.
- It’s a good idea to drink water between mealtimes – take a water bottle with you on car trips.
- Your mental performance will be affected if you haven’t had enough water to drink.
- Drink through the day because if you wait until you are thirsty, it’s too late – your stomach and gastric juices then suffer.
- If your water is not of good quality you can flavour it with teas, or cordial – although cordials contain high levels of sugar.
- It’s a good idea to dilute fruit juice with water.
How about Subscribing to hear more really helpful interviews?