What are foods to avoid in your diet when trying to keep your family fit and healthy? And what’s the best healthy food? Dietary no-nos from Jody Sargison.
Healthy families don’t happen by mistake. Jody explains the good, the bad and the downright ugly of family nutrition.
During this podcast, Jody often refers to “fizzy cordial” (soft drink) which is the biggest dietary No-No on her list.
If you are trying to eat, and drink, healthy food then this is the first thing to reflect on. How much and how often do you and your children consume those sticky, sweet, additive-added and addictive drinks?
See the Show Notes, below, for more of her dietary non=nos.
Show Notes – Food for Healthy Families
- Keep it simple! Healthy eating is not complicated.
- Concentrate on eating food that grows, and doesn’t have all the additives in it.
- Dietary No-No Number 1: Fizzy cordial (soft drink)
- Not good for mental health
- Bad for your skin
- Creates problems for your heart
- Affects kidney and liver function
- Has an impact on your bones
- Increases obesity
- It’s awful stuff for your teeth!
- Drink water instead.
- Limit the amount of juice you have – choose to eat an orange instead if drinking juice.
- Read the labels on food! If you can’t understand it, it’s probably not good for you!
- Dietary No-No Number 2: Added sugar
- Sugar leads to Type 2 diabetes
- It also leads to chronic inflammation.
- Sugar in your diet increases the number of teeth cavities.
- Sugar is more addictive than cocaine!
- The less we have, the more we will enjoy healthy food.
- Just have one treat when you are out.
- Dietary No-No Number 3: Don’t cut out fat
- Eat nuts in your diet.
- Eat avocado as well.
- There’s a big difference between good fats and bad fats.
- You need to include those good fats in your diet.
- Eat healthy food at your table, not at your desk.
- Pay more attention to the food you are putting in your mouth.
- Be aware and mindful of the goodness you are having.
- “Eat to Live” – Don’t “Live to eat!!”
More Tips for You:
- Good Times! 3 Steps to Fun with Your Kids >>>
- Planning a Trip? 6 Strategies when Leaving Your Children >>>
Subscribe, below, to get more great podcasts!