When she first had a baby, Podcaster and Blogger Ruth Amos, discovered she just didn’t know herself. It took years to work it out. To her surprise, she finally realized that it was all because she’s an introvert!
How could she have got it so wrong? she wondered. Becoming a mother is always a shock. Somehow, things are always a little different to what you expected.
In this podcast, Ruth Amos explains what threw her about motherhood. And how it all changed. Because one day, everything made sense as she understood herself as an introvert mother.
So now, she suggests to every mother that it’s really important to know yourself. Because an introvert mother will have one set of expectations, and for an extrovert mother, life will be completely different. So which type are you?
Encouragement for Introvert Mothers
For some people, Motherhood isn’t just a little different to expectations, it’s a LOT different.
You leave your job. And then you need to consider questions of identity. Which brings you to thinking about your small place in a large generational context. So it’s true, Motherhood challenges you to the core of your being.
- During the interview, Ruth and Jenny refer to several personality traits including introverts and extroverts. You can read more about personality types HERE >>>
- The Lysa TerKeurst book that Ruth referred to: The Best Yes.
- Have a listen to Jenny’s interview with Lysa TerKeurst HERE >>>
- Ruth also mentioned her collection of Saying No blogs. You can find them HERE >>>
- As well, you can find Ruth’s blog about the segments and the mind map HERE >>>
More from Ruth Amos on the Treasuring Mothers podcast:
Develop Your time Management Skills >>>
While you’re thinking about your motherhood identity, you might also like to read this blogpost: How to Beat Motherhood Regret
To receive the weekly podcast email from Treasuring Mothers, please subscribe, below.