Alison Greenwood, the Treasuring Mothers finance expert, explains how to set yourself up to buy a home.
Every family needs a roof over their head. And at some stage in her life, every mother and dad will need to think about home loans.
But what’s the best way to save, and are there any shortcuts so you can buy a home more quickly?
There are a lot of things to think about when you are saving for a house. In this podcast, Alison makes it easy to work out what to do, and how to do it.
Show Notes: How to Buy a Home
- It’s very hard for young people to get into the home market, so how do you do it?
- To buy a home, take advantage of the First Home Owners Grant.
- Save for your first home loan by using the special facility offered by superannuation funds and salary sacrifice to save with a lower tax rate. It’s called the First Home Owner Super Saver Scheme.
- Make sure your credit card does not control you. Cut it up if you have to!
- Set yourself up with a good budget – online options are great!
- Which parent will take time off work to care for children? Whoever does, how are you going to replace the income that person would have generated?
- Use the re-draw facility available with many home loans to your advantage.
Alison’s most recent podcasts:
To subscribe and receive podcasts in your Inbox each week, just fill in the form!